Thursday, September 25, 2008

A prayer for u my dear

Father: I thank you that you brought her into my life. I ask you to forgive me for
my lack of patience and for being self-centered
Always thinking about myself and what I want.
Wanting to be comfortable all the time,
instead of trying to be a help to other people.
Most of all, I pray that you'll help me to
always be gentle, good, and understanding
with this woman who has chosen to live her life with me.

She loves me with all her heart.
With a love that's innocent, trusting and unselfish.
You've had your hand on our lives since the day we met.
We've both been thru a lot. But I do want to thank you for your faithfulness.

There was something wonderful about that moment,
almost like the world had conspired to place
an emphasis on our meeting.
When we came together that day, I realized
immediately how wonderful she was.
There was this bright, burning,
a knowing in her eyes that cut right through her shyness.
It was weird how we trusted each other right from the start.
Whatever kind of City we were at
caused an electric shock when our hands touched.

We both smiled and it all got started in a relaxed and
easy going way. You brought us along, you've brought
us through everything that could have wrecked
us along the way.
Everytime I look at her, I see the little girl
who believes the world is a good place.
That everybody has got good in them
darkness is just a place that light hasn't got to yet.

Father: help me to trust you like she trusts you.
I want to have that kind of faith.
No matter how bad things look she believes,
if she does her best and tries hard enough,
everything will turn out alright.

Forgive me for being in such a hurry all the time.
Being worried, but there really isn't any reason for it.
I think that sometimes I look for the worst in people,
trying to find something wrong with them
so I can feel better about me.
She's always looking for the good in people.
The funny thing is she always seems to find it.
Help me to be as gentle and thoughtful and kind as she is.
To not always be making everything about me,
to not always trying to get everything the way
I want it all the time.
She's the one that’s taught me about kindness
She's the one that’s taught me about patience.
When I do remember to give a little bit of it back to her,
when I remember to be thoughtful,
She's so grateful that tears come to her eyes.
I hated when someone touches my face
But when she touches my face with her hand
I've never seen love like that.
I'll never understand why she loves me the way she does. It’s insane.

Of all the gifts you've given me that's the greatest gift of all. I am serious Lord.
Help me to comfort her when she's troubled
to somehow make her realize how beautiful
and truly wonderful she really is.
Time after time I wasn’t good enough for her. I failed to help her in so many ways. Help me lord.
I don't deserve her.
Lord how I love her.
Help me to be good to her.
Help me to as gentle as I could to her.

Thank you.

Amen.

No comments: